Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Identity Crisis

Having spoken to John in my PPD tutorial about whether I should design under a pseudonym or my real name, it became apparent to me through our conversation that I should use my full name. My career plans after Uni are to work for a number of years in studios around london to gain insight, knowledge and build up contact. For this reason I think it's important to use my real name so it gains exposure and hopefully recognition. If in the future I start my own practice I will worry about a pseudonym or name but right now it really isn't that important. I may want to start a practice with someone else, in which case we would both have to agree on a name, making mine defunct. The moral of this story is that I will be keeping my own name. Simple. 
I think I thought I might find it easier to brand a hypothetical company but it really wouldn't help my career in the initial intern stages post Uni. This means my business cards are no longer valid but this is an important decision that I had to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment