Monday, 27 September 2010

Business Cards!

Went to print my business cards this morning only to find that the vinyl cutter is out of action (messing up my plan from the previous post), so I had to re-think the printing of my cards. The good news is that James in the print room has worked out how to print directly onto mount board so we can mock up weighty business cards. I attempted to print simple black on black but you couldn't see any of the logo. I had another go on a lighter grey mount board but the registration of the design became skewed when I flipped it for the reverse side print. As you can see from the below photos, the logo is justified slightly too far right rather than the centre where it was supposed to be. DAMN YOU DUPLEX!   
With the left over black board from the bad attempt I decided to print all of the information black on one side. I think I actually prefer this one to the one above as it is crisp and the contrast make it very clear. 
I don't yet own the web address and email because I'm not 100% sure on the name. I've also started thinking that the logo is trying to be 'too graphic design'. Another problem that I can see with the logo is that it doesn't necessarily represent me and my practice. I'm starting to think it's too clinical and not fun or warm enough for my approach. Comments from people in class have confirmed this. I'm inclined to agree. I now think a more curvaceous type would suit more. 
As I'm still puzzled about using my real name or an alter-ego, I aim to discuss it tomorrow in my PPD tutorial with John. It's important for me to make a decision on the issue quickly as it's preventing me from designing promo items and website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment