As some of you on the course may know, I have a bit of a soft spot for print. Over summer I've been looking to try and get a placement or organise a visit to a good printers to have a proper look around and learn more about commercial print processes (especially the high-end ones).
After Anand introduced me to Generation Press I couldn't think of anyone better to contact. They really are the daddies of print and seem to thrive on challenges. Top notch stuff!
I followed up my email with a phone call a couple of days later. I had a brilliant chin-wag with Paul the owner and he said I could pop in anytime. During the phone call he mentioned that Anand was sitting opposite him and I heard a familiar 'Eh Up!'
My reason for phoning was that I was visiting a friend in Brighton and I thought it would be a good opportunity to visit Generation Press whilst in that neck of the woods. Although Paul said I could pop in he recommended that I visit later in the year with a job ready for print - poster / business card etc - so I could see the whole process from start to finish. I intend to have nailed my own identity / promo and website by November so visiting with a proper job seems a much better idea. All that's left now is to set a date. Can't wait! Should be an excellent experience.





No comments:
Post a Comment