Here's Anand's latest creation at GP. Very nice isn't it.
With regards to my current quest for hi-res Jazz player images, I decided to contact iWant design. They produced the 2009 & 2010 LJF brochure so I thought it would be a good place to start. I spoke to John and he was very helpful. Unfortunately (as I suspected) there are a lot of copyright issues around reproduction and printing of the images. Some are owned by the players, some by labels and some the photographers. Very complicated. The good news is that John said he will contact some photographers who's images he used to see if they would release them for educational purposes. Fingers crossed.
I've also contacted Decca records and Jazzwise magazine asking for help in locating photos + photographers. As a contingency plan I'm going to do some Saul Bass influenced bold illustration in case the photo are illusive. Probably best if I take both directions forward anyway. More to come!
The 2009 LJF brochure by iWant sudio:


No comments:
Post a Comment