Thursday, 21 October 2010

Crit Feedback - 20.10.10

My crit went well earlier, good feedback. From my crit questions the winning treatment / visual approach was the halftone overlay set of posters. The comments were positive about all of the approaches but people felt that this approach had the clearest delivery of information and the strong colour presence over the halftone harks back to Jazz's 'golden era' whilst remaining contemporary. One comment was that the line-up type may get lost in the black as this happens on the A4 proofs but it looks much better on the A3 proof - the end posters will be A2 so it should appear fine. I'm going to print this part of the poster at 100% to see how it looks. 
Approach to move forward with (halftone image + one colour overlay):
 
Ben and Carl commented on the fact that I could have been at this point last week. This much is true, but all things considered I now feel like I'm at the rate of productivity I was at the end of the second year. The quick turnaround newsletter brief proved to me that I can work at a rapid rate and a good little layout / format exercise. Since that 24hr brief, the following two days I produced 4 potential design directions for LJF, whereas the week before I produced just one. I'm confident I can keep this productivity up and just want to resolve this Jazz brief and move onto some fresh briefs - juggling them rather than just doing one. 
Over the next couple of days I'm going to finalise the poster set + layout (4x one colour at A2), develop and layout two potential promo publications (newspaper & folded poster) to choose the final from and finally mock up Tube, bus shelter, bus side and news paper ads. Busy times! Busy, but fun.
As for the pixelation path I tried out - I like the approach but feel it could be better employed in my Club promotion brief (Brief 1) - more to come on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment