Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Revised Business Card & Identity

Having elected to use an O as an identity on my final PPD presentation slides (developed in conjunction with putting together the boards) I thought I'd go the whole hog and design my business cards and identity using this design. 
My rationale for this is that it such a simple classic shape that it would age well (important when getting a large batch of business cards that could last a number of years) and I would be happy to use it for some time. Other advantages of the shape / logo are that it can be easily applied to a wide variety of self-promo items - website, invoice, letterhead, compliments slip etc. 
My old 'winning' card design was nice in concept but lacked a real brand-ability that this new logo mark possesses - the old one wouldn't be easily transfered across different media. 
Much happier with this simple approach as it doesn't give the recipient any preconceved notions as to my practice - only that it's neat and tidy.  
Scale / Form / Type tests:
'O' Mark Variations:
Card Layout Variations:
Continued Mark variations (all too fancyful - prefer the O's simplicity):
Final design (front & back):
Really happy with this design - clean and clear - should translate well acros my promo range. I'm going to sent the design off to moo.co.uk to get 200 printed.
I'm currently in conversation with Generation Press to organise some posh business cards. This means my moo cards will be my disposable 'cheap' cards for the pub / gigs etc and my GP will be for designers and people to impress (hidden at the back of my business card holder) Having the two types should help me to not blow all my posh ones on poor business leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment