Monday, 16 May 2011

Airside Internship Update

Today, having not heard back from them, I phoned Airside to establish what the situation is. I phoned Chris (the person I had been corresponding with but was absent on the day of interview) to see what the situation is. It was good to put a voice to a name and he said it was good of me to phone him to finally speak. He told me that Malika and himself were leaving the Airside team in a couple of months and that Jamie (the guy who came to have a look at my folio at the end of my interview with Malika) was taking over on the internship front. The penny dropped as to why he wanted to come and see my box of tricks :)
Chris informed me that as they were looking for new designers he was unsure exactly when the next internship would be due to the Airside re-jig. We had a really good chat though and he assured me that I was at the top of the pile when they are in the position to have interns again. Great news :) I've even organised to go for a pint with Chris when I move back to London. Once we get the final EOYS private view invites and posters back form the printers I'll definitely be sending them some (they were all keen to see the end result).  I'll keep you posted should I hear anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment