Hello there, I found myself at a loose end the other day so I decided to email Nat at Airside to see if they needed a hand and if I could pop in and learn a little from them. Unfortunately I got an automated email back saying that she is on a sabbatical until the end of October. Crap. Lucikly I had made a contact with the intern organiser / designer Henki during my visit to their studios earlier in the year, who I cc'd in my email to Nat. I was happy to see that he replied the next day and that he liked the samples of my more recent work I had sent in the email. He said he would like to get me in but that they weren't that busy at the moment (August being summer holiday down time for most studios in London it would seem - a fact I found when contacting other studios after Airside). Unfortunate but not the end of the world. Henki told me that he would be traveling out to Tokyo in September to set up Airside Nippon and that my best bet would be to contact other people at Airside, for whom he provided me their email addresses. I emailed them some bits and bobs and Henki put in a good word for me. Hopefully I can get aboard the Airside ship in the near future when the timing is a little better. (I also offered Henki my services in Japan, haha!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment