Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Ollie Saward Logo Development 2

Logo design tests using Elston RR Bold as a basis. I like the idea of using the typeface to create a logo mark and type based identity. 
Modified L's:
Using the S shape to create a counter in the O:
Using just the initials to create a logo mark:
Combining the O with S counter + Full name logotype:
Separation:
Placing the Logo mark next to the logotype:
This looks to busy. My rule would be to either use the logo mark or the logo type, never together. Logo mark would suit itself for use as a Twitter or Behance profile picture.

All well and good testing the logo but I'm still not sure whether I'm totally happy with it. Is it too conservative for me? For now I'm content with the development. I'll get some feed back at when I get back to Uni after Christmas. I'll use this to build upon. Boy oh boy designing an identity for yourself is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment