Thursday, 4 November 2010

Thoughts on Fred’s Progress Tutorial

Tutorial with Fred went well. He was a harsh but fair. Well… honest, which is fair. Which is what I needed. Which is why I wanted to talk to Fred.
Admittedly the first few weeks after summer I found it had to find my feet and get my workflow back up to speed – the result of this is that my Jazz brief has dragged on far too long meaning that over the next 4 weeks I have to do 8 weeks worth of work. By the end of tomorrow I will have the brief complete.
The main thing to come out of the tutorial was that I need stricter, more organised timeframes and deadlines. Although I feel much more productive than a few weeks ago it is far to easy to intend to do something and then put it off because you continue to do something else, eating into time that should be dedicated to something else.
I need to work out exactly what I need to get done and when this needs to be done and STICK TO IT. I know I’m stating the obvious but this way I can get the maximum out of the time left and time available. No more procrastination followed by panic. I know I can produce the work and in my development scope for range opens up but I need to make decisions quicker so I can act on the scope / range.
Before I do anything else I will work out what I am going to do for the next 4 weeks, setting deadlines and tasks etc. Most importantly, I will stick to these deadlines!
Extreme organisation here we come. Procrastination and putting off can go to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment