Sunday, 27 June 2010

RCA Show 2010 - Private View

Went to the Private View of the 2010 Royal College of Art Show a couple of days ago. Some very cool things on show - in particular the Product design, Car design, Architecture and Interactive design courses. Unfortunately there was no real 'Graphic Design' element to the show. A small number of examples could be found under the guise of Communication Art & Design but the majority of the people exhibiting on this course were strictly film based and extremely conceptual. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself (it was a lovely evening with plenty of free Heineken) but I was hoping for more classical GD to ogle at.


I've always thought about the possibility of doing an MA in Communication Art & Design (or similar) but after viewing the type of work on offer I don't think it really attracts me so much now. If I was to go and study after my degree it would be many years down the line after I had settled in to industry and gained some valuable experience (and cash). Definitely not written the idea of but right now I'm not as enthusiastic about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment